||Ø 8 mm solid fiberglass
||279 grams / 9,84 oz
||Soft EVA Foam
Epic Armoury’s Footman Sword is a medium latex-hybrid sword inspired by medieval weapons and fantasy lore alike. The sword is 85 cm long and has a 62 cm blade with a long fuller. The crossguard features a subtle curved design that protects a 13 cm grip. This grip, designed to look like real leather, is ergonomic and ends with a “scent stopper” pommel.
Whether you are a common soldier or a secluded wanderer, this Footman Sword is one of our highest quality products due to its impressive durability and detail. The blade is made from closed cell foam around a fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, while the handle is a polyurethane foam cast that allows for greater detail and no maintenance. This hybrid model sword will give you confidence in the safety and appeal of your weapon on the battlefield.
- Also referred to as a “Knightly sword” or “arming sword”
- Designed so that the center of mass was closer to the hilt, improving its maneuverability
- Typically used with a shield or buckler
- The pommel design is called a “scent stopper” design, common from the mid 14th- through the 16th-century
- Blade has a strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Blade is made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is a polyurethane foam cast, giving it more detail with no maintenance!
- Handle is very durable, will last longer than a latex version, and is less slippery than a silicone treated alternative
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
This hybrid weapon’s handle does not require any special maintenance, while the blade has a latex coating which needs a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis, taking care not to apply the spray to the handle by first wrapping it in plastic-wrap. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your weapon flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapon in a cool, dry environment.