||Ø 8 mm solid fiberglass
||472 grams / 16,65 oz
||Soft EVA Foam
Epic Armoury’s Orc Cleaver is a latex-hybrid medium sword for the cruel orc or rustic barbarian. The sword is 85 cm long from tip to pommel, with a chipped and battered single-edged blade. The serrated crossguard protects your entire hand and a handle cast and painted to look like leather cord, while the blade is painted to look like rusted metal.
With a rugged, sharp appearance, this Orc Cleaver is our highest quality gear due to its impressive durability and detail. The blade is made from closed cell foam around a fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, while the handle is a polyurethane foam cast that allows for greater detail and no maintenance. This hybrid model sword will make you confident in the safety and appeal of your weapon on the battlefield.
- Earliest references to orcs are found in Old English and Anglo-Saxon sources, such as in Beowulf and in 16th century Italian folktales
- The word itself stems from the Latin word Orcus, which was the name given to the Roman deity of the dead
- J.R.R. Tolkien’s 20th century The Lord of the Rings series describes orcs as brutish, aggressive beings with a taste for human flesh
- Blade has a strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Blade is made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is a polyurethane foam cast, giving it more detail with no maintenance!
- Handle is very durable, will last longer than a latex version, and is less slippery than a silicone treated alternative
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
This hybrid weapon’s handle does not require any special maintenance, while the blade has a latex coating which needs a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis, taking care not to apply the spray to the handle by first wrapping it in plastic-wrap. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your weapon flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapon in a cool, dry environment.